External Agencies & Bereavement Support
The school works closely with other agencies as appropriate. The list below is not exhaustive and is subject to change:
- the Educational Welfare Service (for concerns with attendance)
- the Educational Psychology Service (for concerns with behaviours which may be linked to a special educational need)
- the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- the police and the Youth Offending Team (YOT)
- Relate (for concerns linked to family and marital relationships)
- SPLITZ (for families who have suffered domestic violence)
- Spurgeons (a groups which supports young people who are Young Carers)
- Motiv8 (for young people who have issues with substance misuse)
- Wiltshire Families First (for families with significant issues which require more intensive support)
- Children’s Social Care (for young people for whom there are safeguarding issues, and for those who are considered a Child in Need or who are on the Child Protection register.
Cruse Bereavement care can be contacted below:
- Local services: Bath 01761 417250 email@example.com (Covering Bath, Chippenham, Trowbridge, Devizes, Warminster, Frome, Melksham and Warminster)
- Salisbury 01722 411938 firstname.lastname@example.org (Covering Salisbury, Amesbury, Fordingbridge, Netheravon, Tidworth, Downton and Shrewton)
Please visit the website for your nearest branch for more information about the support and services offered, as well as a full list of towns and villages covered by each branch.
- https://www.cruse.org.uk/sites/default/files/uploaded_files/Cruse%20YouBeU%20Signposting%20Pack.pdf (information leaflet detailing a range of services, this is more helpful to share with adults, than young people directly).
- Cruse Bereavement care have a helpline for telephone support 0808 808 1677â€‹ and their own website for young people http://hopeagain.org.uk/
- Grief Encounter: a range of information for young people, adults and school staff - https://www.griefencounter.org.uk/young-people/
- Wiltshire Treehouse help families who have experienced loss www.treehousewiltshire.org.uk Kath Brownlee, Bereavement Service Lead on 0749 350 9750 or Email: email@example.com
- Winston’s Wish provide advice for schools when a child is bereaved; along with practical advice for children.https://www.winstonswish.org.uk/supporting-you/support-for-schools/#How-you-can-prepare and helpline for anyone caring for a bereaved child 08088 020 021